Dear Church Family,
I don’t think any of us were sad to see 2020 come to a close. The year wasn’t all bad but it was one of those years that you would not want to repeat. I know many of you are hoping that 2021 will be a better year. Although I can’t predict the future, I do believe this new year is full of promise because I know that God is at work. As we move into the new year, I want to share with you four parts of our vision for what we are trusting God to do in and through The Hill Baptist Church in 2021.
Our vision is that by the end of 2021, we want to be a church that is experiencing revitalization through:
- the measurable personal growth of our members,
- numerical growth in our worship services,
- the creation of an effective online presence, and
- the updating of the Sanctuary and Social Hall.
First, we want to see measurable personal growth of our members. We know there are many areas that are difficult to measure but we’ve chosen a handful that can be measured. We know that spiritual growth involves prayer, Bible intake, serving in the Church, giving, and missions.
As we begin 2021, I want to help you grow in these areas in the following ways:
- Prayer - Develop a regular pattern of prayer.
- Bible Intake - Read the Bible more this year than you did last year.
- Serving in the Church - Discover your gift(s) and begin serving in the Church.
- Giving - Increase your financial giving to the mission of The Hill Baptist Church.
- Missions - Serve our City & World through words (sharing the gospel) & works (tangible expressions of love).
We will be providing opportunities throughout the year to help you grow in these areas.
Here are two specific Next Steps for the month of January.
- Bible Intake - Participate in the Proverbs Challenge - Each day during the month of January read a Proverb. January has 31 days and there are 31 Proverbs.
- Missions - During the month of January bring in canned food and nonperishable food items for our Little Free Pantry.
Second, we want to see numerical growth in our worship services. We are currently averaging around 55 people in our Sunday morning worship service. By the end of 2021 we want to be averaging 100 people. In order to see that happen we will need to be praying and working together to reach out to our community.
Third, we want to see the creation of an effective online presence. We are in the process of installing a new camera and equipment that will enable us to livestream our services. We have a few others ideas as well. One thing you can do throughout the year that will help us reach more people online is share our content. Share our posts and our videos on your Facebook page and on your Instagram account.
Fourth, we want to update the Sanctuary and the Social Hall. We were already working on this before the pandemic. But we had to hit the pause button while we adjusted to the new normal. However, in 2021 we want to move forward with these updates. Our Property Renewal Committee will develop a proposal for the updates that we need to make in order to make these spaces as effective as possible.
These are the four major parts of our vision for 2021. I believe that the only way we can accomplish this revitalization is by the power of God. It will require all of us to trust God and take steps of faith. Every one of you has a role to play in this work of seeing this vision become a reality. I’m asking you to commit yourselves to this work as we move into the new year. If God is for us then who can be against us? Let us move forward in faith and trust God to do great things!
Pastor Ron Jones