Dear Church Family,
As we move into the third month of the year I want to remind you of where we want to be by the end of 2021. We want to be a church and that is experiencing revitalization through:
- the measurable personal growth of our members,
- numerical growth in our worship services,
- the creation of an effective online presence, and
- the updating of the Sanctuary and Social Hall.
In order for this to happen, we must take steps of faith. We can’t do what we normally do and expect different results. We must trust God in new ways if we’re going to grow personally and as a church.
Here are some steps of faith you can take this month to help our 2021 vision become reality.
- Personal Growth
- Participate in the Bible reading challenge in March. We’re going to read through the Gospel of Mark at least once.
- Give. You should have received your giving statement for 2020. I want to challenge you to join me in increasing our giving for 2021.
- Numerical Growth - We want to have 100 people worshipping with us by the end of the year. In order for this to happen, we need to invite people to join us for worship in person or online. Nothing is more effective than a personal invitation. Prayerfully consider who you can invite each week to our worship service.
- Effective Online Presence
- Share our content on your social media accounts. We regularly post on Facebook and Instagram. The more you share our posts the more people will be exposed to our ministry.
- Another way you can help is by subscribing to our YouTube Channel. To subscribe you can go to our website (ww.thehillbaptist.com) and click on the tab “Online Service.” At the bottom of the page, it will say “Click HERE to watch past Worship Services.” Click “HERE” and it will take you to our YouTube Channel. Click “Subscribe.” The more subscribers we get the more options we will have to reach more people online.
- Updating the Sanctuary and Social Hall - At our March Church Conference, we will be discussing and voting on a motion to upgrade the sound system in the Sanctuary. Our current sound system is over 20 years old and is unable to handle our current needs. A new system will enhance both our in-person and online worship experience. Pray for wisdom as we move forward with this project.
I hope you will join me in taking these steps of faith in March as we trust God together to make our vision become a reality.
Pastor Ron Jones